THE IEEP IS AN
OF NEW YORK
The Independent Energy Efficiency Program was established in January, 2001, as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation consisting of municipal electric utility members in New York State. A unique, creative, utility-focused and technology-based organization, the IEEP provides resources for a broad range of qualified energy efficiency projects and services to its member systems.
IEEP member systems range in size from small rural electric utilities serving a few hundred meters to large municipal electric utility systems serving thousands of customers.
- The IEEP provides a broad base of energy-efficient technology options to municipal electric systems in New York.
- The IEEP helps New York municipal utilities improve the earth’s environment by offering a “tailor-made” energy efficiency program built to the specific needs of each IEEP member utility system.
- The IEEP provides even the smallest utilities access to a wide array of effective energy efficiency options.
- The IEEP builds on favorable economies of scale made possible by its member systems working together as a single utility.
- The IEEP functions as a staff extension to member utilities for the investigation, implementation and installation of energy efficiency projects.
- The IEEP assists New York municipal utilities in aligning with Federal, State and local policies and guidelines while focusing on local circumstances.
- The IEEP spurs economic development, creating and preserving jobs in New York State.
- The IEEP helps consumers make informed energy efficiency decisions so their homes may be more durable, comfortable and energy efficient.